Thursday, May 24, 2012

Season 1: Episode 5 - The Waiting Game

Waiting is hard. I know it's hard for everyone, but I think it's especially hard for me. I have no patience at all. In fact, I think it's this very fact that is the most contradictory aspect of myself to my faith. I believe God. I believe He is in control of the universe, which obviously includes me. I also believe that it's His perfect will that I am waiting on. So, why, for heaven's sake can I not find the peace in having patience?

We found a house.

It's the most perfect house for my family... It's our house. I believe that, with all of my heart. And because I believe that, I also believe that it's our house because God says so. I could be wrong, I might just want it really bad, but I am pretty sure that it's the house that we were meant to find. There are so many things that happened, some significant, some not so much, that give me not only reason to believe, but even confirmation, that this is our future home. So why, then do I have such a hard time waiting to hear if our offer was accepted? Well, not even accepted, it's a short sale, so I guess what we are waiting to find out if it's our offer that's chosen to be taken to the bank, or banks in this case..

This short sale is estimated to take approximately 3-6 months. It falls exactly into the timeline that we are looking for. It's listed at the right price, it's the perfect floor plan, with much more space than we thought we would have, and more little "things" that already make it perfect for us. Perfect, perfect, perfect... I don't think I would have as much of a hard time waiting for that as I am now... Waiting for the offer to be chosen... Although, I guess the entire house buying process is a big, fat waiting game... Is that pretty accurate? Hurry up and wait... Yay.. There were moments yesterday when I felt like just the waiting alone would kill me. And it's funny how every time I got to that place and I prayed for peace and reminded myself that GOD is BIGGER than any short sale, that I truly did find comfort. So it's just a matter of re-positioning my view every so often, relinquishing control continuously, over and over and over again, until we hear the news.. I can do that.. I can. Wanna know why?

Mark 10:27
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

My life verse is truly MY LIFE VERSE. Its significance comes into play repeatedly, everyday. Especially now.

Jeremiah 29:11-14
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and future. Then you will call on meand come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and I will bring you back from captivity..."

If you think about me or my family, if we cross your mind, please stop and pray with us. That God's will would be made clear, and that if this is truly our house, that it be made so.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I am writing in behalf of Randy Nelson. He would like to get in touch you guys. If you could please give him a call at 702-346-8391. His new address is P.O. Box 2137 Mesquite,NV 89024. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete